Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Long Time, No Write

My mind has wandered away from this blog of late.  I have written some personal blog entries, and even one or two on What Is To Be Done?  But I have gotten very busy with my business, and my creativity has suffered.  I have gotten away from the creative state of mind, so to speak.  Sometimes I miss it with a poignance that only a guy approaching middle age can have.

Still, thoughts have percolated, and at times while walking I have felt the flow.  I remain committed to developing the next political philosophy of liberty.  I am convinced that people need to walk away from the corporate society, because the corporate society has no use for people.  Those of us not fortunate enough to be born into the elite, or driven enough (i.e., soulless and unbalanced people) to obsess our way into it, are increasingly unnecessary to the corporate world.  This "globalization" is accelerating the depersonalization of the world.  America has for some twenty five years been a society of disposable people, and that trend is accelerating as technology enables more and more areas of labor to be replaced by machines.  So if the corporate world has no use for us, what use have we for it?

Another thought that I keep coming back to is that a people who cannot produce their own basic needs are by definition a dependent people.  When you depend on another for your basic needs, you are at his mercy.  How many of us could feed ourselves should the money economy collapse?  The less a community produces its own basic needs, the more vulnerable and unstable is that community, subject to the whims of external forces.

My hostility to corporations grows daily.  They are exploitation machines.  I want to get them and their products out of my life.  I want to get rid of the TV.  The TV is the corporate machine's primary method of controlling our minds.  The more we sit in front of it, the more their messages are bombarded into our brains.  The internet has become nearly as bad.  Even books are getting there, although the impending death of Barnes & Noble might have some impact on that.  Of course, Amazon.Com is the barbarian invader pillaging B&N, and that's pretty damn corporate and homogenizing in itself.

Of course, I am using my corporate-made computer, listening to corporate music, using the corporate internet, while wearing my corporate-made clothing, and getting ready to drive my corporate-made car to court.

Jefferson owned slaves.

No comments: